- Understand one-self
- Create a vision for oneself, for one’s career and life
- write a “Statement of Purpose” : Set Long term and Short term goals
- Realize the elements of personal effectiveness, and plan to work on self
- Understand the secrets of an effective communicator
- Identify ones strengths and areas of concern for improvement
- Be a good participant and contributor in group discussions and group activities
- Be an effective presenter and communicator
- Reflect, introspect and realize areas for action, from ones participation in the program
- set an agenda and action plan for personal growth
- Commitment to one’s own development and also development of the entire group
The program schedule, session plan and process were as per the agreed frame work. We adhered to the schedule given, to a great extent. The session plan for GD / Communication underwent a little change due to change in the number of participants.
My reflections at the end of the programme –
- “Awakening”: Managed to infuse energy and purposefulness among the participants
- Every participant has been shaken, active ones have woken up to his or her potential and the possibilities; they are charged to push themselves to give their best
- Many have started working on their “Statement of Purpose”; the dialogue is on regularly in the whatsapp groups
- The barriers between the departments have been broken; For the first time they got to know about the students from other departments as they worked in cross-functional teams in various sessions. By the end of the programme they gelled as if they all are one.
- The realization among the students that the campus has enough resources within to create productive interactions and activities to sharpen their skills; They have promised to engage themselves at least once a month
- The participants realized how they can effectively use the social media platforms to further their career goals; They shared about these as the sessions progressed
At the end of this program, and with my experience at IWSB and other universities, I am convinced that –
- “Empowerment to Excellence” programme should be preceded by an outbound program, where the participants have to challenge themselves in many situations, mostly physical or strategic in nature; that helps every student push boundaries and realize his or her immense capabilities.
- “Empowerment to Excellence” should be integral to every university programme, especially every university that we are facilitating. All our other programmes will be immensely effective if we take student through this programme.
- This program should be in the second year of the four-year undergraduate program (like BE/BTech) and in the first year of Post-grad programme; We should have this before the academic year commences. And must be a compulsory programme, as it is beyond imagination of any student, how it can really impact.
With such a series of initiatives, students will become very purposeful and it will become integral to every students thoughts and actions. This could make a huge difference to their journey in the university, with student working towards his/her goal, empowering oneself with all that he or she needs to excel in career and life.
Student’s Presentations, Reflections and Feedback
A. Kindly watch the videos of a few presentations and reflections of the participants at the end of the programme, uploaded on the youtube channel of CL Educate, under
Dibrugarh University : Empowerment to Excellence playlist –
Presentation sample – Most of them were presenting for the first time ever in front of a couple of hundred audience from across the departments of the University
Reflection of learning – Sample –
These set of videos also showcase the effectiveness and impact of the programme through
– The reflections of shifts made by the participants and
– Commitment of participants for their own future and that of the group
Delighted to see the feedback of students on SURVEYMONKEYt –
– Over 80% of the students have rated the conceptual sessions ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Very good’
– Over 70% have rated the Drills / Group Activities / Presentations sessions ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Very good’. We made sure that every one got a couple of drills, still that is not enough. More and more practice needed here. Unfortunately we had time constraint. I have asked the students to do their own drills. Shall continue to push them through Whatsapp.
– Over 90% have rated the facilitators ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Very good’
Of course we can always be better than what we are. Hope we will continue on that path.
In another post, I shall share part of the PDF with detailed feedback that a few students shared. Their delight in their personal growth through the four days comes through these sharing.
Filed under: awakening the self, Dream It! Do It!, Inspirations, Leadership, Learning and facilitation, Nurture, realizing infinite potential, Self Belief Tagged: | Bhargav Deori, career launcher, CL Educate, Dibrugarh University, empowerment, Empowerment to excellence, excellence, goal setting, R.Sreenivasan, Self Belief, Soft skills training, Sreeni