As part of ‘Dream It, Do It’ motivational tour, I have been taking intense sessions for CAT aspirants across the country. After every session, many an inspired youngster do have long chats sharing their aims and fears, trials, tribulations and challenges, Seeking my insights, inputs and wisdom to succeed.
At the end of one such session this year, a young man sought to travel with me across the city saying that ‘I just want to be with you for some more time, to get greater clarity in life’. Just before he departed he shared his appreciation about the whole session and also the time he spent with me and how it is going to impact his journey. Also he pulled out his diary and shared a list of his goals that is motivating him and driving him…
I had a glance at it and felt really inspired by the B-HAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) set by the youngster. I promised myself and the youngster that I will share his goals in an article to inspire more youngsters…1. I will have a net worth of 200 million dollars by 30 June 2025.
2. I will own a 5000 sq ft penthouse in Delhi.
3. I would have sold 1 million copies of my books by 30 March 2017.
4. I would have trained 10,000 people to become people enablers by 30 March 2017.
5. I would have completed my MBA from FMS, Delhi or better by 7 July 2016.
6. I would have trained under Robin Sharma and Jack Canfield by 1 March 2020.
7. I will travel to 7 wonders of the world by 1 January 2020.
8. I will throw 12 parties in the year 2016.
9. I would have run a half marathon by 1 September 2016.
10. I will spend at least 12 weeks with my friends and family in 2016.
11. I will find and marry my soul-mate by 1 March 2019.
12. I will read 20 “good” books in 2014.
13. I will learn to play guitar and to dance by 1 March 2017.
14. I will help 100 million people to improve their quality of life significantly by 1 March 2025.
Revisiting this goal once a day has been good enough for this youngster to be on the track to head into his chosen B-School. He also shared his schedule and his passion to write stories. Needless to say, such inspiring and demanding goals can motivate everyone who goes through the list. I am no exception, hence the article.
Last year too I had come across one youngster who shared his goals. Finally he landed at IIMA and he sent a mail. I will share that mail in another posting.
Wishing you all the very best.